Saturday 8 December 2012

All I Want For Christmas



All I want for Christmas is an Aston Martin.  I guess the DB5 is too obvious so it will have to be the DB4 Mk-1.  I've never owned a classic car unless you count the Vauxhall Viva that I passed my driving test in.  It was green, which is supposed to be unlucky but trust when I say that it was far from that.
In the meantime I could make do with this 1960's Les Leston steering wheel which is in our next auction on Sunday, 16th December at Roxley Hall in Norwich.  We have estimated it at £60-80 which really is a bargain for such a lovely thing.  I was thinking of buying it and pretending that it has an Aston Martin attached.  Or perhaps I could do a Johnny Cash and build my car one part at a time...
We've had lots of visitors to our new showroom on 71 Yarmouth Road and a few shop sales too but the real deal here seems to be that we are taking a good number of entries for our twice-monthly auction.  If you haven't popped in to see us yet then please do.
One piece of news is that we will be making a change to our sale on the 20th January 2013, which will be managed as a sealed bid auction for coins, banknotes, stamps, postcards, and cigarette cards including the Ken Short Silks Collection.  The sale will be held at Roxley Hall as usual but run from 10am until 4pm  We are currently inviting entries and our usual Terms apply.

No comments: