Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sale Report - Super Star Wars Toys Star at Auction

  I can remember the first Star Wars film back in 1977 when I had just started at Litcham High School.  My friends and I used to run around the playground in character.  I was always Han Solo which, looking back on it, was an early indication of how I would choose to live my life.  If only aged eleven I would have stopped to think before opening the Star Wars toys that were gifted to me at Christmas and birthdays...
  Our sale last Sunday bore witness to the demand for Star Wars toys and to the prices that can be achieved at auction when those toys remain unopened.  LOT 244 - two 1982 Star Wars figures (Darth Vader and Boba Fett) in their original packaging (below) made £460 ABP, much higher than anticipated.

  In fact The Sunday Auction was a huge success, not least because of our partnership with www.the-saleroom.com which has enabled us to more readily access a world-wide market for the wonderful things that are sold through our auction house.  We've increased our buying and selling premiums to 15% incl but feel sure that the improved service we now offer justifies that.  And it will still be worth attending our auction in person because that way buyers will avoid the additional 3% premium payable by those bidding online.
  We're now accepting entries for our sale on the 17th March 2013.  Let us know if you have any Star Wars toys...

No comments: