Friday 18 February 2011

Mixed Lot


It's unusual for me to post on a Friday night. I should be at dinner with my wife because the boys are with their grandparents overnight but Beth is out on the tiles and I am nursing one Hell of a hangover. That's because my Friday night started yesterday at 3pm in The Dog House. Still, there are worse things in life than drinking Coca-Cola at home on a Friday night...

This week I was given a present by a friend called Kevin - 'The Big Book of National Insults - 1001 Xenophobic Quips and Quotes'. Much as I appreciate the gesture, it is unlikely that any of the quotations will make it into my blog. That's because they are too tame for my palette. This week I upset the people of Great Yarmouth by writing on Facebook 'Great Yarmouth is where prostitutes should ply their trade but don't because the locals give it out for free'. Now that is a proper insult. A bit unfair too - I went to Great Yarmouth this week and wasn't offered sex by anyone.

I have also, this week, started to get into Twitter (garyofnorwich if you are a Tweeter) and have to say that it is already becoming addictive. So I am sitting here at the desktop typing into Blogger, whilst the laptop is on Twitter and the iPhone on Facebook. Not everyone enjoys social networking but I love it - and it's perfect for keeping up to date with everyone's news.

Our next auction takes place at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich next Thursday at 2pm and we are accepting entries at the moment so do call us on 01603 304337 or 07810 646711. We've taken in some super lots already including a collection of boxed Corgi die-cast vehicles dating from the 1960's including The Saint's Volvo, James Bond's Aston Martin DB5, and The Man From UNCLE's Oldsmobile - all classics, of course. The price for collectable toys has remained strong over the past year and we expect them to do well.

Finally, it seems that we have reached agreement with Norwich City Council that will enable us to continue hosting The Cloisters Fair on Saturdays. That really is very good news for us - St Andrew's Hall is where we want to be. It may well be that we tweak the format a little bit to give it a boost - watch this space. The next Saturday fair is on the 26th of February 8am-4pm 50p entry. Now, I'd better just Tweet that too...

No comments: