Sunday 10 April 2011

Mixed Lot


It's really annoying to produce and pay for an all-new website only to find that the old (this) one still receives more visitors. Take this week as an example, the blog has received more than 500 unique visitors compared to http://www.barnesauctioneers.co.uk/ which has received just 144. Maybe it's because the blog is a little more current or maybe it's because I swear a lot.

The statistics make interesting reading. I'm particularly popular in France at the moment, and Serbia... Of course, the vast majority of visitors are local although not all are fans. In fact, many are enemies looking for cracks in my armour. There are many cracks in my armour - if I were the Hundred Years War it would be about now that Joan of Arc shows up. Bitch!

It's tough going at the moment on all fronts but I am hoping for my own heroine to sweep down and join me on the Road to Damascus. She and I had talks this week, about our future in business together and I am crossing everything I have that she will soon be with me. I have many friends and supporters and colleagues but there is nothing like a partner in crime. Did I say crime? I meant, antiques...

We've already had a giggle at some of the stories coming in from you guys about your experiences at The Cloisters Fair. Some of them couldn't possibly make it into next year's book celebrating our fortieth anniversary (see previous post) because they are too rude. One ex-stallholder told me that she had slept with three other dealers during her time at St Andrew's Hall. And one of them was a woman. Fascinating, but not really printable. Except here, of course, because I don't give a shit. Keep your stories coming though because in the words of the song 'It's all about you'.

It's our auction on Thursday and we're hoping for a good one. We do need things to sell though (just a minor point) so please do get in touch on 01603 304337 or 07810 647711. We're about to offer a new twist too - sooner rather than later - so watch this space.

I'd write more but Beth has just put the boys to bed and we have dinner to prepare and wine to consume. It's a Sunday so time to relax before the hurly burly...

No comments: