Friday 29 April 2011

Mixed Lot



Helen, Daniel and I will be heading south on Sunday to stall at the annual Beccles antique street market. The weather forecast is good and we are looking forward to it.

One of the great things about our trade is that we are all (mostly) friends. The stallholders will all know each other and, although we're there to sell, it will be quite the party atmosphere. We did discuss taking a gazebo (having wimped out because of the rain last year) but actually I can't be arsed. It's not going to rain - just like it didn't rain on Kate and William today.

On that issue - wasn't the wedding wonderful? Beth and I watched most of it and I must confess to a little tear or three (see, I am a softie really). Some of my friends were dismissive of it, critical of the expense, political when faced with the romantic occasion. What sad fucks they are. If we can't celebrate love and romance as a nation then we are no nation at all.

I could write a bit more about all that or I could cuddle up with my wife on the settee. So bye bye.

Ps - see you at Beccles on Sunday.

No comments: